Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ekle Master Bedroom




This project is near and dear to my heart, because it is mine, and my husbands master bedroom! It has been a work in progress, but it is finally at a place that I am happy with...much to my husbands relief; )As most of my clients, I am also on a budget for my own design projects. For our bedroom I chose the items worth splurging on (custom upholstered bed and new carpeting), others that I have had since college (ikea dresser and TV stand), others that I had to get creative with (nightstands), and than those REALLY good bargains :)

Now, the before and after picture are VERY dramatic....the previous owners of our house were a very lovely older couple who had not done ANY updating....EVER! (green shag carpeting;) Also, apparently they did not have any clothes because the 1 hall closet size master closet, was not going to cut it for us. With the help of my creative, architect dad, and my contractor, we were able to design and build a walk-in closet with PLENTY of room for both my husband and I. We even got an arch detail out of it to add a nice architectural element to the otherwise rectangular space, and create an "entry way". 

Enjoy!

Before 1
After 1
Before 2
After 2
Before 3
After 3
Before 4
After 4
Before 5

 
Night Stand- DIY project
Check out the tutorial HERE

LOVE my vanity station...it makes for a MUCH easier morning getting ready together!

 Hope you are inspired....try YOUR bedroom this weekend!
c2

STAY CONNECTED
































No comments:

Post a Comment